Development Team Lead, APAC
MYPINPAD’s software turns everyday mobile devices like smartphones and tablets into secure payment terminals.
As the first software-based payments solution developer in the world to have achieved a full suite of PCI certified solutions, our offering is the most secure in the world. This leading technology enables a consistent ‘card present’ payment experience across all channels, both in-store and digital.
MYPINPAD’s payments solutions are device and gateway agnostic and built upon our globally patented, cloud-based authentication platform. By enabling merchants of all sizes globally to securely accept payments using smartphones and tablets, we help open up a world of possibilities in reshaping the end-to-end customer experience. Secure, safe, seamless payments. Everywhere.
MYPINPAD is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. All our people make this an exciting and inclusive place to work, where they can be themselves and let their skills shine.
We value quality and excellence in everything we do, with a strong focus on supporting and developing our employees.
We are remote and work with flexibility in mind to allow our people the opportunity to contribute fully, and still be able to balance work with personal commitments and general well-being. As long as you have a reliable Internet connection and a productive work environment, you can work from anywhere in New Zealand or South East Asia.
As the Development Team Lead, APAC, you will be responsible for both hands-on software development and for leading a team of developers in the APAC region.
You will participate in the design and implementation of new functionalities for Android Apps and connected services, working closely with the Technical Operations department across the globe.
You will lead an efficient & effective software engineering team to deliver Product on-time, to specification and of a high-quality encompassing both New Product Development and/or on-going Product Support/enhancements.
You will have a background in designing and building software products, excellent understanding of project methodologies, leadership skills, great communication skills and the motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment. Responsibilities include assisting in hiring, developing, mentoring and managing a team of software developers.
Key Responsibilities and Expectations
- Writing high quality code and performing code reviews for the rest of the team as required
- Providing technical leadership and guidance on project plans and delivery commitments
- Managing with stakeholders, the day-to-day activities of APAC based development team
- Organising and overseeing team communication: live meetings, email correspondence, reporting, etc
- Participating in recruitment process, providing input for performance appraisals
- Supporting documentation processes, organising and designing layout of technical information to produce accurate materials
- Ensuring the team reads, understands, and follows documentation and department procedures, including global compliance procedures
- Ensuring that skills are maintained on a continual basis to support MYPINPAD activities and objectives
- Participating in process improvement efforts
- Assisting project management with issues, task assignment, requirement definitions and project planning/execution
- Meeting deadlines as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Excellent communication, organizational skills, interpersonal skills, and strong team focus required
- Domain experience (Payments, PCI CPoC, mPOS, NFC, SaaS )
- Ability to understand and manage complex project tasks independently
- Experience with Agile Development process
- Analytical, detail-oriented, thorough, accurate.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Ability to handle a broad range of tasks with multiple priorities
- Ability to extract information from diagrams, interviews, technical documents, test data, and hands-on work with a device and convert it to the appropriate level for the intended audience
- Excellent knowledge of product design.
- Self-motivated, strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Development NZ
- Auckland/Remote, South East Asia/Remote
- Remote status
- Fully Remote
Whether its doing the school run, exercise or education, at MYPINPAD worklife balance is respected and encouraged.
MYPINPAD combines universally trusted and highly secure consumer PIN authentication with leading-edge mobile technology, providing a critical element to enable the development of integrated, scalable and unique customer experiences. Our specialised proprietary software for payments, e-commerce and digital identity turns smart devices into trusted authentication devices and payment terminals, enabling a consistent 'card present' experience across in-store and digital channels.
Development Team Lead, APAC
Loading application form
Already working at MYPINPAD?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.