MYPINPAD’s software turns everyday mobile devices like smartphones and tablets into secure payment terminals.
As the first software-based payments solution developer in the world to have achieved a full suite of PCI certified solutions, our offering is the most secure in the world. This leading technology enables a consistent ‘card present’ payment experience across all channels, both in-store and digital.
MYPINPAD’s payments solutions are device and gateway agnostic and built upon our globally patented, cloud-based authentication platform. By enabling merchants of all sizes globally to securely accept payments using smartphones and tablets, we help open up a world of possibilities in reshaping the end-to-end customer experience. Secure, safe, seamless payments. Everywhere.
MYPINPAD is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. All our people make this an exciting and inclusive place to work, where they can be themselves and let their skills shine.
We value quality and excellence in everything we do, with a strong focus on supporting and developing our employees.
We offer a range of flexible working options that allow our people the opportunity to contribute fully, without compromising family commitments or general well-being.
As the Head of Software Development, you will be responsible for the development, integration and delivery of our software, improving the quality of the service it delivers, meeting the Company’s goals and customer objectives.
Managing a growing team of developers across the UK, Europe and New Zealand, you will create and maintain a culture where individuals take ownership, and are proud of delivering excellence and quality.
Key Responsibilities and Expectations
- Develop and deliver a strategic technological vision for software development
- In collaboration with architecture, coordinate and deliver quality software that fulfils product requirements
- Lead and manage the Software Development process to deliver software, infrastructure, enhancements and projects that meet the needs of customers
- Ensure delivery, consistent with Agile processes across the teams
- Facilitate consistent technology and methodology decision making throughout teams, including reusable code base development, versions of software tools, best practice, source control and deployment processes
- Ensure that code is clean, healthy, structured, well tested and well documented
- Build future-proof reusable core code libraries, which can be shared, in-order to drive further efficiencies throughout the teams
- Devise a tactical plan which can be collaboratively carried out by the teams – to implement improvements to our products, services, processes and knowledge sharing across the teams
- Manage critical support issues, ascertain issues quickly, and manage escalation and resolution
- Work effectively with Product Owners to ensure delivery against agreed priorities, and current and future user needs
- Understand the use cases (and/or user stories) in order to oversee the design of the architecture for the products to be built
- Create functional strategies and specific goals for each sub-function in line with Technical and Company goals
- Develop policies and procedures to support functional infrastructure
- Lead, develop, mentor and manage teams of developers. Responsibilities will include recruitment, goal setting, 1 to 1 reviews, identifying training needs, motivating and performance managing
- Stay aware of latest data protection and security threats and to make sure we mitigate against these risks against known industry standards
- Encourage, and regularly contribute to, discussions regarding internal processes, system improvements and technical solutions to problems, in order to ensure maximum efficiency across the Company
- Identify and implement technology trends that will be able to support the future success of the business
- Ensure technology standards and best practices are maintained across the Company
- Proactively drive innovation with new ideas and options made available by new technologies.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Extensive and demonstrable experience in leading and managing teams of Software Developers
- Experience of successfully designing and developing sophisticated software products deployed in a variety of environments
- Domain experience (Payments, PCI, mPOS, NFC, SaaS)
- Hands-on experience of coding using more than one recognised industry standard language (e.g. Java, Kotlin, Swift)
- Familiar with more than one software development methodology
- Strong understanding of the Agile software development cycle
- Leading teams in working in an Agile environment
- Familiar with cloud technologies (e.g. Google, AWS, Azure) and software deployment to the cloud (CI/CD, scalability, containerisation, serverless)
- An understanding of databases and handling of large data sources
- Experience of using Atlassian JIRA, Confluence
- Experience of managing, directing and motivating staff to deliver projects with stretching scope and objectives
- Highly numerate and literate, with the ability to produce top quality written specifications and strategy and implementation communication
- Excellent and demonstrable organisational and planning skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Able to demonstrate a high level of professionalism
- Demonstrable ability to build strong and trusted relationships with external parties and throughout the company
- Able to multitask and manage changing priorities
- Able to work well under pressure
- Determined self-starter with tenacious character that loves change and enjoys a challenge
- Results driven, proactive & able to work autonomously
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating critical thinking, teamwork, innovation and excellence
- Flexible and able to work at pace, embracing change in a rapidly evolving work and market environment.