MYPINPAD’s software turns everyday mobile devices like smartphones and tablets into secure payment terminals.
As the first software-based payments solution developer in the world to have achieved a full suite of PCI certified solutions, our offering is the most secure in the world. This leading technology enables a consistent ‘card present’ payment experience across all channels, both in-store and digital.
MYPINPAD’s payments solutions are device and gateway agnostic and built upon our globally patented, cloud-based authentication platform. By enabling merchants of all sizes globally to securely accept payments using smartphones and tablets, we help open up a world of possibilities in reshaping the end-to-end customer experience. Secure, safe, seamless payments. Everywhere.
MYPINPAD is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. All our people make this an exciting and inclusive place to work, where they can be themselves and let their skills shine.
We value quality and excellence in everything we do, with a strong focus on supporting and developing our employees.
We offer a range of flexible working options that allow our people the opportunity to contribute fully, without compromising family commitments or general well-being.
As a Scrum Master, you will develop functional, fit for purpose, robust solutions. Working in our agile development team, you will be involved throughout the full development lifecycle of the MYPINPAD solutions, with particular responsibility in the development and maintenance of our SoftPOS, Open mPOS and Card Payment software solutions.
You'll be involved in all aspects of the team including the creation and elaboration of business requirements, functional/design specifications, development, and maintenance of our software, and driving innovation into our product suite. You will bring professionalism, discipline and superb communication skills that will allow you to work autonomously and as part of a team spread across different countries and time zones.
Key Responsibilities and expectations
- Guiding the team and organisation on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers
- Guiding the team on how to get the most out of self-organisation
- Guiding the team on self-organising to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team & wider organisation; coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organisation
- Removing impediments, or guiding the team to remove impediments, by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment
- Building a trusting and safe environment across all product teams where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially on grooming, prioritising, and maintaining the product backlog
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible and leading by example
- Regularly communicating with line manager and other senior managers as appropriate to transparently report progress.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Broad experience in playing the Scrum Master role for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
- Good skills and knowledge of Scrum based leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown, BurnUp technologies, various Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc
- Use of the ADO (Azure DevOps) & Atlassian Tool set JIRA & Confluence (in support of SCRUM & Kanban)
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, BDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team
- The experience in applying a wide variety of well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: various Burndown, BurnUp technologies, many Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
- A keen eye for detail
- Excellent and demonstrable organisational and planning skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills – Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Able to demonstrate a high level of professionalism
- Demonstrable ability to build strong and trusted relationships with external parties and throughout the company
- Able to multitask and manage changing priorities
- Able to work well under pressure
- Determined self-starter with tenacious character that loves change and enjoys a challenge
- Results driven, proactive & able to work autonomously
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating critical thinking, teamwork, innovation, and excellence
- Flexible and change embracing in a rapidly evolving work and market environment
- Ability to relate to, and work with, a wide variety of stakeholders.