Background & Context
MYPINPAD’s software turns everyday mobile devices like smartphones and tablets into secure payment terminals.
As the first software-based payments solution developer in the world to have achieved a full suite of PCI certified solutions, our offering is the most secure in the world. This leading technology enables a consistent ‘card present’ payment experience across all channels, both in-store and digital.
MYPINPAD’s payments solutions are device and gateway agnostic and built upon our globally patented, cloud-based authentication platform. By enabling merchants of all sizes globally to securely accept payments using smartphones and tablets, we help open up a world of possibilities in reshaping the end-to-end customer experience. Secure, safe, seamless payments. Everywhere.
MYPINPAD is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. All our people make this an exciting and inclusive place to work, where they can be themselves and let their skills shine.
We value quality and excellence in everything we do, with a strong focus on supporting and developing our employees.
We offer a range of flexible working options that allow our people the opportunity to contribute fully, without compromising family commitments or general well-being.
The primary purpose and scope of the Android Developer is to help develop and support existing MYPINPAD products. Working with the Android Development Team, Services Development Team and UX Team, the Android Developer will be a passionate app developer who enjoys a technical challenge.
Key Responsibilities and expectations
- Help maintain existing MYPINPAD packages, and design and develop new ones
- Help maintain and support existing MYPINPAD apps
- Develop unit, integration, and interface tests
- Participate in reviews of new and modified code
- Help identify and document issues, and troubleshoot and fix those reported by others.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- Experience with designing and writing automated tests, using version control systems, and using continuous integration solutions
- Experience developing Android apps using Kotlin & Java
- A solid understanding of key Android APIs and components, including those relating to user-interfaces, network communications, inter-app communication, permissions, and security
- Inquisitive and enjoys investigating how things work, and why
- Feels comfortable being an individual contributor
- Strong problem solving skills with an ability to communicate solutions and thinking process in a clear way
- Eager to learn
- Is a team player
- Has a basic understanding of how data is represented by computers
- Enjoys communicating ideas and insights; this will manifest itself in personal communication and in the code and documentation you create
- Has an interest in scaling CI/CD and improving Ops flow
- Enjoys creating a polished UI matching exacting specifications
- Is familiar with, or has some experience with: EMV, Connectivity, Security, C, NDK, cryptography, KMP.